Monday, December 8, 2008

Did I really do this? 1st 5

1. Started your own blog -





This one is easy. We all know I started my own blog. But, do you know why I started a blog? Well, I wanted to find an easy way to keep my family up with whats going on with us, and I like to write. So, there are two of the reasons for my blog.

2. Slept under the stars -

One night when my kids were little, Chad and I decided to have a sleep out. We took all of our sleeping bags out to the back of the truck and made a nice bed. It was a warm night and the sky was clear. It was so peaceful. Until.........About 2 or 3 in the morning. We woke up to a billion-zillion flying ants. It must have been Thanksgiving in the flying insect world because they were having a feast. They were everywhere. Needless to say, we headed back to the house.

3. Played in a band -
When I was in the 6th grade, I really wanted to play the clarinet like my older sister Michelle. But there were already enough clarinet players in our school band and they couldn't fit me in. So instead, I played the oboe which is a double reed musical instrument in the woodwind family. I was fast learner and my teacher said I had a natural affinity for the instrument.

4. Visited Hawaii -
Chad and I (I have a feeling most of these answers are going to start like this)never had a Honeymoon so a several years ago, we decided to travel to Hawaii. We stayed at New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel on Hawaii's Big Island. We picnicked at Spencer Beach Park on the Kohala Coast. We were able to take a wagon ride at the Parker Ranch and learn about the real-life Hawaiian cowboys. We visited the planetarium and interactive exhibits in the Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawaii>and and also went stargazing through telescopes at the Ellison S. Onizuka Center for International Astronomy which is 9,300 feet up Mauna Kea. Then we got to explore an active volcano at the Kilauea Visitor Center.


We had a great time and can't wait to go back.

5. Watched a meteor shower -
In 2001, we lived on Pioneer Way in Las Vegas. That part of town wasn't very populated so watching stars was easy to do because we were away from the city lights.
In November of that year, we were able to watch the annual Leonid's meteor shower from our back yard at about 2 in the morning. I don't ever remember seeing a meteor shower before that.

14 comments:

  1. #1 = TRUE
    #2 = TRUE
    #3 = TRUE
    #4 = FALSE
    #5 = TRUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 true
    #2 true
    #3 false
    #4 false
    #5 true

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 True
    #2 False
    #3 False
    #4 False
    #5 True

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 True
    #2 False
    #3 False
    #4 False
    #5 True

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 true

    #2 false

    #3 false

    #4 false

    #5 false

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far, someone is right on all 5. Hmmmm.....I wonder who.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1 true
    #2 true
    #3 false
    #4 false
    #5 true

    ReplyDelete
  8. #1 True
    #2 True
    #3 False
    #4 False
    #5 True

    ReplyDelete
  9. #1 T
    #2 T
    #3 F
    #4 F
    #5 T

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1 - t
    2 - t
    3 - f
    4 - f
    5 - t

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are Marvins answers,and I did not let him see the actual answers that you posted.

    1 true
    2 false
    3 false
    4 false
    5 false

    ReplyDelete
  12. #1 True
    #2 False
    #3 True
    #4 False
    #5 True (Yes, it was the Leonids Meteor Shower)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good guesses Meteor Showers...would you like to be added to the score board? Thanks for confirming the name of the Meteor Shower in my story.

    ReplyDelete

I just want to say thank you for playing... I have had a BLAST!

I took the scores down for now until everyone is done answering. I'm hoping that will add a little suspense. I've also taken down any answers, just for now. So if you haven't started playing yet, and want to, hurry. This will be your last chance.

You can only win if you answer all 99.

Thanks Again!